Bible Verses About Bribes
- Exodus 23:8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.
- Proverbs 15:27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.
- Proverbs 21:14 A gift in secret pacifieth anger: and a reward in the bosom strong wrath.
- Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
- James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
- Amos 5:12 For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.